Reasons Why You Need an Image Consultant to Reach Your Next Level of Success in your Business and Personal life.
Have you experienced any of these situations?
Attending a special event and you dont know what to wear?
A significant life transition and you want a complete makeover to feel and look your best?
Stuck in a rut and you’re ready for a change?
I am my clients biggest cheerleader!
Here are other reasons you need to hire an image consultant-
1-If you stand in front of your wardrobe full of clothes , but you feel you have nothing to wear.
2-If your skin looks dull when you wear certain colours and you dress mainly in grey, black, or white -you need to schedule a colour consultation immediately to discover your best colours to make your skin glow.
3-If you’re unhappy about your appearance because you recently lost or gained weight, but continue dressing like you did before your transformation.
4-If you have low self-confidence and a low self-esteem in your appearance-an image consultant can help you.
5-If you lack social media presence and you feel left behind, call an image consultant because they wear many hats and can help you.
6- Don't recognise your body anymore? Guess who can show you how to use clothes, colour, accessories and dressing techniques to get reacquainted.
7-Instead of utilising 20% of your wardrobe, why not wear 100%.
8-Hate shopping? As an image consultant I can make it easy!
9-Your cost-per-wear on purchases decreases dramatically when I show show you what works for you
10-Worried about entering a new job or returning to work after having a baby? Regardless of where your new adventure will take place, I can help you look the part!
11-Take your confidence up a level knowing you’ve been taught how to dress to embrace your body shape and features.
12- Keep it current and fresh. Let me help you refresh your wardrobe using the clothes you already have and see what pieces you are missing.
13. FEEL FABULOUS AGAIN! Do you know someone who always walks into the room looking great! 9/10 times it because they know their best colours and styles that work for them. The way they carry themselves,how they talk about their work or themselves, and just the way they move? You can have that Presence too.
I work with clients all over the world. My services are for all ages/sizes/ethnic backgrounds.
All you need to do is to turn up and i will do the rest!
Contact me to dress your way to confidence.
Since Corona virus started you may have noticed a new accessory in your wardrobe.
The FACE MASK.
I wanted to do a post on how to have fun with them!
For the foreseeable future, when spending time away from your home, face masks are going to be a constant accessory. You’ll have your face covered when entering different places and events.
Masks are serving a critical service right now during the corona virus pandemic, but how do you bring fashion into the equation, so you feel a bit more excited about wearing one?
Here are a few ideas for you.
1-Pick Out a Mask Like You Would a Scarf. If you wear a specific group of colours (After a Colour Analysis), stick with that colour palette.
2-A Mask for Every Occasion. Just like we have accessories we wear for different occasions the same logic when wearing masks.
3-Make It Pop! Do you wear mostly neutral colours? This season, your mask can be that fun pop colour in your outfit.
Why Not Let Your Mask Make a Statement.
Think about a colour that will bring out your eyes e.g complimentary colours!
I hope this has helped you think twice when purchasing a face mask. HAPPY SHOPPING!
Photo of masks: Boden
'RULE OF THIRDS'
Looking at the photos above you can see examples of the rule of third dressing.
Two:third item; grey scarf
three: third item; tan shoulder tie jumper
four: third item; long necklace
five: third item; layered jean jacket
six: third item; grey sweatshirt
So why is the third item so important?
If you tend to lean towards dressing basic (like me), then going from a regular two piece outfit made up of quality basics and then adding one more thing to finish can elevate an outfit.
The third item can, pull the entire outfit together, or just make it that much more flattering.
The ancient Greeks claimed that a 1/3 to 2/3 ratio is the most aesthetically pleasing division of spaces. In fashion, this is often referred to as “the rule of thirds”. Look at the Eiffel Tower, considered one of the greatest structures ever erected. It breaks visually into roughly 2/3 at the top, 1/3 at the bottom
If you want to learn more tips and tricks make sure to join my free members club on Facebook-
ITS ALMOST THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!
Swimsuit shopping can be daunting BUT it doesn’t have to be so painful when you know how to shop for your body type.
As a Style coach, I’ve had LOTS of practice when it comes to helping clients select the most flattering one for their silhouettes.
I’ve had countless Style Coaching clients tell me post swimsuit shopping together how easy, painless and successful it was when we knew what their body type and colours is AND which swimsuit styles and brands are best for them.
(I even offer online shopping experiences)
In my new blog post, I am sharing my swimsuit shopping tips for how to shop for a swimsuit successfully!
Solve your swimsuit problems by implementing my style tips below!
Know your body type and best colours. That is the first thing I do with my clients.
By knowing your body type you can then easily assess a swimsuit, whether it be in person or online, and determine if it’ll flatter your figure or not.
This will save you so much time and energy (and probably sanity!) trying on swimsuits as you’ll avoid ones that are just never going to work.
For example, if you are an hourglass you want to focus on styles that have a wrap-like silhouette.
If you are more of a triangle, then a swimsuit with an off the shoulder or boat neckline can be very flattering.
When I am shopping for swimsuits for a client I always ask them what areas they would prefer to conceal, AND which areas they wouldn’t mind accentuating.
For example, I often have clients that don’t love their upper thighs so we go with a cute skirted swimsuit or a swimsuit with a kimono wrap.
Or a client that has had multiple c-sections and prefers to have her tummy concealed, so we focus on high waisted bikinis or ruched bottom one pieces.
But you can’t just focus on the areas you want concealed, you also have to accentuate the positive!
I know this can be challenging as women because we can be too hard on ourselves, but I believe in you!
If you have a pretty collarbone, then why not get a swimsuit with a pretty ruffled or detailed neckline.
Or if you have a more defined waist, then opt for a swimsuit that’s belted at your natural waist.
When you are honest with yourself you are able to really enjoy shopping for swimsuits that will really serve and flatter you.
If you have a larger bust, then finding a swimsuit with underwire or good support is important.
It’s not always easy to try on swimsuits, especially after the winter and spring when we’re used to seeing ourselves more covered up.
But remember at the end of the day we are often our own worst critics.
By implementing my swimsuit shopping & style tips, you will find success in finding a flattering swimsuit that you are both comfortable & confident in, just like my Style clients have!
HAVE FUN WITH IT AND ENJOY YOUR NEW SWIMWEAR AND SIP COCKTAILS ON THE BEACH!
I wanted to do a post on jeans as it’s something most my clients ask me!
Not all jeans are created equally, and I want to help you find the perfect pair that fits you perfectly. Here are some tips and tricks for finding the perfect pair FOR YOU!
I wear jeans at least 3 times per week. Sometimes more. I’ve tried on hundreds of pairs!
I constantly see women wearing the wrong size or style of jeans for their body. So let’s talk about it!
And remember, the perfect pair of jeans for me might not be the perfect pair for you, because we have different bodies. So it’s important to be patient and find the pair that’s right for you.
WHICH RISE OF JEANS DO I CHOOSE?
* This is totally personal preference, and definitely depends on your body type.
* If you carry weight around your stomach, avoid low rise jeans because it creates a line on your body right below this wider area of your body.
* If you have a flat booty, steer away from super high rise since it makes your bum look flatter.
* Try different styles and heights to see what works best for your body.
LET’S TALK ABOUT THE WAIST OF YOUR JEANS
* The most common issue I see is gaping in the back. Your jeans waistband should touch your body all the way around, or else they’re too big, and you need to size down in the waist. If sizing down makes the rest of the jeans too small, choose a different brand or get it altered!
* If your jeans squeeze your waist and cause your stomach to squeeze out over the top, your jeans are too small. Size up.
WHAT LENGTH SHOULD MY JEANS BE?
* Skinny and straight fit jeans: The most flattering spot for the hem is right above your ankle bone. You don’t want any excess fabric bunching around your ankles. If they’re too long, choose a brand that offers petite lengths. (Stores like Miss Guided offer length and size options)
* Boot cut and flared jeans: These are most flattering with a heeled shoe (wedge, heeled boot, stilettos, etc). The hem of the jeans should hit about 1″ above the ground when you’re wearing your shoes.
* Wide leg jeans: If you’re wearing long wide leg jeans, apply the same rules as the flared jeans. If you’re wearing cropped wide leg jeans, apply the same rules as skinny and straight jeans.
THE CROTCH AREA (YEP, I GOT TO TALK ABOUT IT)
* Your jeans crotch area should not point or bunch when you sit. If they do, the jeans are too big, or are not the right style for you.
* If your jeans give you a wedgie in the front, or accentuate your front parts in any way, they are either too thin of a material (like jeggings), or too tight.
* The placement of your pockets determines how your bum will look.
* Low pockets make your bum look saggy. High pockets make your bum look longer and often rounder. Pockets with a wider space between them makes your bum look wider. Small pockets make your bum look bigger.
* In my opinion, back pockets make or break a pair of jeans for me.
* Everyone has a different shape, so try on a few brands until you find a pair with back pockets that flatter you.
WHICH JEAN FABRIC IS BEST?
* There are so many jeans, and so many different materials. Some true denim, some lightweight jeggings. I won’t say that one is better than the other, but some fabrics sag after an hour of wearing. Some fabric is too lightweight so it shows underwear lines and stuff. Some fabric is too stiff and restricts your movement.
* I personally like a medium weight stretch denim. But that’s just my personal preference!
* Just know that there are lots of options out there, and if you feel like all your jeans are sagging after a few hours of wear, or all of them are too thick, it’s time to try a new brand of jeans.
My last tip is darker jeans are good for ladies who want to give the illusion that their bottom half is smaller and lighter pairs will highlight the area.
Hope this has helped!
Wearing the right colours can lift your complexion, brighten your eye colour and hair, take years off your age, and most importantly, brighten your mood, making you feel more confident.
I am also really interested in the Psychology of Colour, as it can really impact our mood and how we feel. Often clients will believe that there are certain colours which they ‘can’t’ wear even though they might love them. With most colours, it is just a case of finding the right shade to work with your complexion. As Karen Haller says in her Little Book of Colour ‘there is a yellow for everyone. It is just a matter of finding the right one for you.’
I’m also a great believer in breaking the rules where necessary! As an Autumn colour type myself, I really shouldn’t wear black as it is draining on my warm complexion. But black is one of my favourite colours and perfect for wardrobe staples. I love a black and white outfit and instead of banning black from my wardrobe, I mix in warm colours and neutrals that also help to lift my complexion. Working in rusts, orange, mustard yellows, red and khaki or a splash of pattern. Or I add in a bright warm coral or red lip to lift my face.
Want to learn your best colours? Let’s book an online consultation and let’s start your fashion journey to a more confident you.